Social Icons

Friday 26 September 2014

Help MC Juice Clear His Name - Faces 10 Years In Prison | @JUICE4real






(MC) JUICE prepares to release his most in-depth music project to date. He also speaks about facing 10 years in prison, his father's death and other recent life-changing events.

While driving from Chicago to California, I encountered a huge injustice happening every day on the roads of America.
Shortly after crossing into the state, my longtime partner Belle and I noticed 3 sheriff cars sitting in the middle of the freeway facing our direction. As soon as we passed, one vehicle came out behind us and followed closely for 2 - 3 miles. We decided at that point to move to the right lane to give him space to pass.
Instead, the officer also got in the right lane behind us and pulled us over. Two additional officers and a K-9 came and searched the vehicle. They seized our inheritance and settlement money and put us in jail.
Now Belle and I are both facing 10 years in prison just for having cash. It costs money to win cases, so we are reaching out. Belle and I were each charged, so we both need to retain separate lawyers. We will also need to hire experts to testify about the K-9 search. The irony of it all is that it will take more money to exonerate us than was actually seized. But at this point, our freedom is the main issue; not the money we lost.
Many people know of me from winning hundreds of rap contests, including my historic battles with Eminem and Supernatural. Still others point to my freestyles and improvisation as one of their favorite things about me. Despite how I got known, I consider myself a writer first and foremost.
My new music is all about showcasing the power of the pen. It also takes another step forward sonically and challenges normal perception. Tragedies and triumphs over the last few years have helped to create perhaps my most personal project to date.