Social Icons

Thursday 29 January 2015

DJ B.I.B - I Am Street Music [Mixtape Spotlight] | @dj_b_i_b





Born in Miami, FL and raised in the East Jungle, DJ B.I.B moved to Tallahassee, FL to attend Florida A&M University. He became a fan of the DJ culture after hearing a Jam Pony Express mix tape.  B.I.B decided to step behind the ones and twos and was a natural. He became infatuated with the craft and eventually created his own style.

Early on in his career B.I.B started a local hustle selling various “mix cd’s” in his high school. When he relocated to Tallahassee he started selling on campus. B.I.B perfected his hustle by providing his customers with a catalog that included different music genres including Reggae, R-n-b, and Hip-Hop mixes. B.I.B got his big break when he dropped his first southern based mixtape Rollin Raw, which quickly became his fastest selling tape at the time.

He renamed the series to Street Muzik and asked then – upcoming unsigned artist Lil’ O.C. to host. Unfortunately, before the series could launch Lil’ O.C. was tragically murdered. Following this tragedy, B.I.B found himself in trouble with the law, which landed him in prison.

After serving out his sentence, B.I.B was released and sought out by DB Toonz, the CEO and owner of Global Made Ent., an independent record label. This gave B.I.B. the opportunity to get back into the game and work with many different artists such as Jimmy Dade, Fla Amazin, Revo ZMF, Sho Zoe, Gheddy, Jungle Boy, 24k, Project Stacks, JYNX13, and more.  Now, B.I.B has just released his first Street Muzik series mixtape titled:  Welcome to the Jungle [Bottom Boy Edition]. The long awaited mixtape already has thousands of downloads and this is just the beginning.

Here is the latest release from DJ B.I.B titled "I am Street Music" which features regional heavy hitters. The presentation of the mixtape is sonically sound with some hard hitting tracks like "Buffalo" by Jynx13 & Luhound. We also hear a Forbes List remix from Busta Free ft. Rick Ross.